What to Clean During A Spring Clean
Spring has sprung, which means it is spring cleaning time! But what should you actually clean during a ‘spring clean’? There are a lot of areas in your home that you probably never even think about when it comes to the regular house cleaning. You’ll do the regular mop and vacuum, a quick wipe over of the shower and bench tops and that’s done for another week. However, it is a great idea to do a full home cleaning at least once a year – and what better time to do it than in Spring? Here is a simple list of what to clean during a Spring clean:
- Under and behind the stove, refrigerator, washing machine and clothes dryer.
- Wipe down all the walls in your house with a damp cloth (good for allergy sufferers)
- Wash windows inside and out (if you don’t want to pay for a window cleaner, a simple mix of hot water and vinegar will do).
- Take all the books off your bookshelves and wipe all your books gently with a dry cloth – or lightly dampened cloth. While the shelves are empty, clean them thoroughly.
- If you have a medicine cabinet in the bathroom, clean all the shelves and the back of the cabinet. It’s the perfect time to check all use-by dates on medicines and throw out any that have expired.
- Clean all cabinet doors on the insides and outsides – bathroom, kitchen and laundry.
- If you have any sliding glass doors, clean inside the tracks.
- If you have an oven or stove with knobs – these often pull off for cleaning. Give them a gentle clean with warm soapy water.
- Clean the refrigerator inside and out. Do the same if you have a separate freezer.
- Vacuum under the beds.
- Dust the tops of all doors and picture frames.
- Wipe down the buttons on the home phone.
- Wipe down computer keyboards.
- Take everything off kitchen cabinet tops and thoroughly clean.
- Dust the tops of any ceiling fan blades.
- Clean the tops of skirting boards, or base boards.
- Clean light shades and lamp shades.
- Wipe down door handles, light switches and the tops of power points.
- Go through your ‘junk drawers’ and toss away anything that isn’t.
- Dust inside the bottom or your wardrobes.
- Turn your mattress and wash any mattress protectors.
- Take your rugs outside and give them a good beating. Leave them in the sun and fresh air.
- Dust inside the vents of extractor fans or air conditioning units.
Also Read This: