It’s hard to believe we are well and truly into summer and when it comes to keeping your home clean and fresh, it can be difficult if you have children at home over the school holidays. The good news is, with a few tips and tricks, you can keep your home clean and fresh – even with the kids at home.
7 Tips to keep house fresh and clean in summer season
- Try keeping to a schedule when it comes to home cleaning, you can also break your cleaning schedule into smaller daily *to-do’s* that still fit in with your family’s schedule, but it’s still helping to reduce dirt and clutter, this way cleaning jobs don’t pile up, and you keep your home running smoothly. If you do already have a schedule you may need to adjust it slightly during summer as some chores may need to be done more regularly with the family home all day.
- Keep everything simple and easy. You don’t need to spend a lot of time home cleaning, especially when you want to be at the beach or the pool with the kids. So, make life easier. Hire the services of a professional home cleaning service. Keep cleaning simple, use surface wipes to wipe down your counter tops or spray leave-on cleaner in the shower every time you use it.
- Let the kids help. When you think they are old enough give them their own little jobs, just some small tasks around the house, from making their beds and putting their washing away to helping with the dishes. Keep the chores *age appropriate*, remember if you start them young, they will enjoy helping mum and they won’t think of these little jobs as *chores*.
- Keep the floors clean, there is nothing worse than fur, sand, dirt and grime over your floors, try and sweep daily, a quick vacuum over or a quick wipe over with a mop will keep your floors looking neat and tidy – and it helps prevent damage caused by ground in dirt and sand.
- Put things away. If you have just come back from the beach, don’t just dump all the bags at the door, while you might be tired, make it a habit to put everything away. Call the kids and get those wet towels hung out, swim suits in the wash, put toys away and sort out any uneaten snacks, it will only take a few minutes and it will keep your house clean and tidy.
- Keep a space. Keep your own little area to keep clean and free of clutter – this could be a kitchen bench space, your coffee table or dining table. Make it a rule that nothing gets put there, leaving you one clutter free, clean space.
- Take a break. If you are off work for the holidays and you want to enjoy time with the kids, organise a professional home cleaning service to give your home a good clean. It leaves you free to do what you want and gives you a fresh, clean and tidy home.